Breaking News

WIC Information

What is WIC?

WIC is a Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children.  It is administered in Illinois by the Department of Human Services (DHS) and is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). The program provides nutrition education and counseling, breastfeeding support, and referrals to other services. The combination of nutrition education, nutritious foods, and yearly health care visits strengthens families long after their WIC eligibility has ended.

WIC supports every mother's choice to breastfeed.   

WIC Categories

Pregnant woman

Breastfeeding mother, up to one year

Non-breastfeeding mother, up to 6 months after delivery

Infants and children, up to 5 years of age

A miscarriage up to 6 months from the date.


Your annual household income must be within WIC guidelines.

WIC Income Guidelines 2015-2016

What to Bring?

  • Identification
    Driver's license, Photo ID, WIC card, and Social Security Number.
  • Proof of Pregnancy
    Positive pregnancy test confirmation from your physician or ultrasound
  • Proof of Income
  • 30 days of paystubs or income tax form 
  • Proof of Residency
    Piece of mail (less than 60 days old) with physical address (NO P.O. Box) or rental agreement
  • Proof of Birth
    Birth Certificate or Birth Card
  • Proof of Immunizations
    All shot records



In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil

rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and

institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from

discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or

retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by


Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program

information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should

contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are

deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal

Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made

available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination

Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: , and at any USDA office, or write a

letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the

form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed

form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture,

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.



“This institution is an equal opportunity provider.”