The scope of environmental health includes advising, consulting, and securing the elimination of environmental hazards in cooperation with other local, state, and federal agencies.
Services provided include:
- issuing water well permits
- consulting and permits for private sewage systems
- food borne illness investigations
- screening/testing of water samples
- well inspections and surveys
- investigation of solid waste
- insect, rodent, and nuisance complaints
- restaurant and temporary food stand inspections
- emergency preparedness and response
- real estate transfer inspections of private water wells and septic systems
- West Nile Virus surveillance.